People always hear me saying, "It doesn't matter to me how my life partner looks" and then I go on to say "It doesn't matter how much he earns too, coz I know I can get the bread and butter home". I always meant it. For
"He, who shall kiss me out of love and not for pleasure, I shall be thine". So, appearances did not matter.
Well, last night I got a dream and I woke up laughing.
I laugh that way only when am terrified, horrified and unmistakably baffled.
I thought I'd pen down that dream, and also pen down where I'd seen the characters who appeared in my dream.
The dream started with me chasing something. It is a common thing in most of my dreams, I only run, fly and jump on buildings.
Here, I was walking briskly into a narrow lane that was lined with shops. Shops which looked like those selling onions and tomatoes but were actually saloons.
I passed by the first one. I saw a lady getting her eyebrows done. Looking into a tiny mirror, She was checking if both her eyebrows matched. In reality, this was the same girl who had traveled in a bus along with me the other day sitting in between two women and showing her entire cleavage.
I moved on in the dream and saw another girl fixing earrings to her ears in a long dressing mirror that was put up next to the road. This girl too, in reality had traveled with me in bus on a different day. She appeared to be in twelfth, but a peculiar kind who refused to sit even when the seats in the bus were empty and was to get down after my stop. She preferred standing and giggling with one more friend of hers who too preferred to stand. So both these girls giggling and batting their eyelids as frequently as they turned back, perhaps thinking they looked pretty when they did so, but no doubt, they did not. I was the only one to check them out, so focused that they ended up even in my dreams.
I moved further more in my dream and I saw a guy getting shaved. This guy was some 7th or 8th std kid who had visited the doctor's clinic where I'd gone yesterday night. So, that was a total grooming lane that I was walking in.
Then, I entered a house, two rooms no people, third room when I finally saw people. It was also one such salon but offered some aroma therapy kind of stuff. I saw a guy who lay on a bed, his face and arms facing the sky, eyelids closed and in a perfect calm posture. There was chandan applied on his forehead. I stepped in more to watch closely. He was a prospective guy for me. But he looked aged, like a fifty year old. I would have aptly called him 'Red Indian' had red sea looked red and black sea looked black. And then, I saw his hair !! It was razor thin, out of which only 2 or 3 were black strands.
I was just about to slip away when I saw, I was not alone. My brother too was standing next to me. Suddenly, I realized we both had been chasing together all along. I started taking back my steps, careful not to wake the person sleeping, when my brother the fool of all my dreams, woke him up. And he proves to be a better one than he was last time. So, not only did he wake him but he also pulled me and brought us three together. I was speechless and dumbfound at my terrific find.
My brother was smiling gleefully at his biggest victory. I knew he was in himself saying 'Yess ! Yesss !! Yessss !!!'. Coz whenever I called him pig, he would say I would meet a bigger pig than him. And as his smile was growing uncontrollably big, I woke up !
So, when dreams unfold reality, I realized "Appearances do matter. Who said they did not !!"
2 comments:
appearances really matters...but for this kind of dreams only peculiar ones matters...!
Chand,
nice reflection, you are trying to capture the whole journey of life in your writeup, that is nice.
Your perception of life is the best I have ever seen, if we all should go by that this world will become heaven.
Truely, in life we all are in a continous chasing, continuous pursuit, a continuous travelling to a destination. But most of the time we are so filled up with the idea of the ideal destination: maybe ideal husband, wife or even wealth, then we forget that the joy of life lies in the journey not in the destination.
The ideal destination is filled up with deception too far from reality. Just like the last person u saw in your dream.
But in all we should be good to all the people we meet in our journey up, for surely we will meet them again on our way back.
Post a Comment